Skin Detox Mineral Bath
This combination draws out toxins, lowers stress hormones and balances pH levels
Add 3 drops lavender, 2 drops geranium, 2 drops of sandalwood and 1 drop of neroli oil to your Epsom salts or sea salts before putting into water. Next place oiled salts into bath water. If you do not have all these oils not to worry one or two is fine, just add a few more drops. The same goes for salts using Epsom salt alone works just as well! *Adding essential oils to the water will cause it to float on the surface, and may cause skin irritation.
Exfoliation will help shed dead skin cells, bring circulation to the surface for nourishment, and further loosen clogged pores. It also allows for deeper penetration of nutrients.
Make an exfoliating paste with organic fine grain sugar (white or brown is fine) and some of the following ingredients, depending on skin condition:
· Oatmeal: for soothing irritated skin, grind oatmeal in a coffee grinder until fine.
· Plain Greek yogurt: for soothing, hydrating and lactic acid exfoliation.
· Honey: pulls moisture toward the skin and acts as an anti-bacterial agent for blemishes.
· Egg white: tightens skin and pores, good for oily skin.
· Tomato, blended: Good for blemishes and toning.
· Lemon juice: brightening and toning - not for sensitive or acne prone skin.
· Pineapple pulp, blended : for brightening and toning.
· Canned pumpkin: for extra exfoliating acids for blemished skin.
If your skin is extremely irritated exfoliating may cause additional irritation, test on small area first.
This article is brought to you by South Shore and Cape Cod Metaphysics.